Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First pregnant ultrasound

Today was my first ultrasound. DH was able to take the whole day off from work and we were really excited! I was pretty nervous because I am very aware how early I am & how many terrible things could happen. We arrived at the RE just in time & were quickly called back to the ultrasound room. Our anticipation was GROWING...and growing...and growing, as we sat there for 30 minutes waiting. FINALLY the Dr. & Ultrasound tech came in (YES!) We transferred 2 really healthy looking embies & I was ready to see if they both decided to stick around. At first, the ultrasound tech had difficulty viewing anything because of the stupid suppository. She started again fresh & instantly we saw our little Jelly Bean. It has a really big head (like daddy), little arm stumps, and an amazing flickering little heart. We weren't able to hear the heart beat but the Dr. told us it was 117 and looked "fabulous". My husband & I are absolutely ecstatic to see our little bean on the big screen. However a little part of me is sad for the other little guy that didn't stick around.

Our next ultrasound appointment is in 2 weeks & I CAN'T WAIT!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can just imagine that this has been exciting. Good luck for the next appointment

    ReplyDelete